Technical Peer Review Checklists
- QC_20 Processing Peer Review Checklist 2018-05-11 (Word 2010 – 32kb)
- QC_21 Inspection Peer Review Checklist 2018-05-11 (Word 2010 – 32kb)
National Competency Assessment System
NOTE: In order to ensure that a BCA allocates work to employees or contractors who are competent, a BCA must classify its building control functions consistently under a system suitable for establishing competency of an employee performing building control functions, e.g. using the National BCA competency assessment system (NCAS) assessment levels.
This system is designed to assess the competency of technical building control staff using a national set of performance indicators which define competency. For further information visit the Building Systems Performance website branch of MBIE and download or view the following information.
- Competency Assessment System (PDF 4MB)
- Competency Assessment Guides ( based on the B. Act 2004)
- Candidate Information (PDF 888kb) – How to prepare for your Competency Assessment
- Candidate Templates (Word Doc 31kb)
- Competency Level Specifications
- IANZ guidance/requirements
Last updated 2018-10-04