- Applying for a Building Consent
- Building Consent Processing
- Building Consent Visual Guides
- Departments Relevant To Your Project
- Electronic / Online Submissions
- Fees & Charges
- Guides for Owners
- Inspections & Certification
- National Multiple Use Approvals
- Owner & Industry Responsibilities
- Owner-Builder Exemptions
- Property Information
- Restricted Building Work
- Smoke Alarms
The Building Consents section deals with the following topics:
- What is a Building Consent?
- Who is responsible for applying for the Building Consent?
- How to apply for the Building Consent.
- Building Consent process from start to finish.
- Fees and Charges
- Preparing the Plans and Specifications
(See above links)
WRAPPING A BUILDING IN PLASTIC WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED
PLEASE BE ADVISED that as of 1 January 2018 the Councils of the Waikato Building Consent Group will no longer be accepting the practice of some builders to wrap a building in plastic in order to proceed with installing insulation and internal linings before the external cladding has been completed. This practice is contrary to the NZ building standards and advice given by BRANZ. There are alternative codemark approved building wraps/products that can be used to waterproof a building prior to the cladding. Either use one of these products or ensure that the exterior cladding has been completed BEFORE installing insulation and internal linings.
Last updated 2018-08-24