Opening, downloading and saving PDFs
- BR01 Domestic Dwelling
- BR02 Residential Pools
- BR03 Minor Works
- BR04 Outbuildings
- BR05 Re-sited/Relocatable/Multi-Proof
- BR06A Solid Fuel Heaters
- BR06B Solar Installations
- BR07 Plumbing and Drainage
- BR08 Commercial
- BR09 Demolition and Removal
- BR10 Cowsheds/Dairy Sheds
- BR11 Stock Underpasses
All the Councils in the Waikato Building Consent Group use these checklists to process building consent applications. These checklists are a ‘ready reckoner’ available for you to use as part of your own quality checks to ensure all the required design work is compliant with the building code.
- Checklists available to the public: PDF and word 2010
- Checklists on the intranet: interactive DOCX under Other Internal Documents (as the reasons for the decision in the drop downs are in need of review. Therefore should not be publically available).
Save time for yourself and Council by checking that your plans are ready to submit. All items on the checklist must be compliant with the building code.
Save money by being prepared through minimising additional costs and time delays. Check that any required documentation is accurate and complete.
Better manage your brand/reputation by avoiding rework that costs time and money for all involved.
If you are providing a Producer Statement, check that you have provided adequate information. Your Producer Statement will be checked against the Producer Statement Checklist. If this information has not been provided, your Producer Statement will be rejected until you provide all the required information.
If you want to know more about booking an inspection, being ready for an inspection, the procedure, smoke alarms, final inspection and CCC, and when to occupy a building please refer to the section on Inspection and Certification.
OPENING, DOWNLOADING AND SAVING A PDF
To open the PDF documents you will need Acrobat Reader, which is available for free from the Adobe website. To SAVE the completed form for your project records, follow these instructions:
- Fill form in
- Select the print icon at the top OR
- Right click your mouse
- Click Print
- Choose destination – e.g. Adobe PDF
- Click Print
- Name the file. Use the project street name or the client’s name and the date, e.g., Anywhere St 2016-08-16
- Select the folder in your computer to save the file to
- Select Save
NOTE: The Processing Peer Review Checklist is available to WBCG officers via the Intranet under Competency Assessment.
New dwellings, sleep-outs, alterations and / or additions, conservatories, change of building use to habitable, duplexes
Word 2010 (593kb)
Bathroom facilities, level access showers, retaining walls, decks & verandas, marquees, signs (>3m), other / fully engineered projects, energy work relating to specified systems, cable cars
Word 2010 (540kb)
House, office, garage, re-piling, MBIE multi-proof
Word 2010 (476kb)
BC required if >3 storeys, or if not a stand-alone building.
Word 2010 (212kb)
- Also, CHECK Compliance Schedule Details (supplied with application).
Producer Statement & Memoranda:
- Are required during, or at the end of construction.
- See Producer Statement page for further information.
Alterations – consider Protection from Fire: Legislative changes 2013 -2014.
- Please ensure that if you plan to alter an existing commercial building that you have provided a Fire Philosophy that meets the requirements of MBIE guidance.
- Refer to Building Score Sheet taken from the guidance document.
Certificate of Design Work:
- If you have provided a PS1 for the design work, you also need to provide a Certificate of Design Work (COW) – see above.
- For more information, go to Licensed Building Practitioner page.
If you require assistance in selecting the correct application form or checklist, please contact the Building Unit of your local Council.
Last updated: 2019-06-12