What is an IQP?
An Independent Qualified Person is a person (or firm) approved by a Territorial Authority as qualified to inspect, maintain and report on certain specified systems. ‘Independent’ means that the person has no financial interest in the building. Refer to the MBIE website (building warrant of fitness guide) for the BWOF process including
- The inspections and maintenance of specified systems
- Amendments to a compliance schedule
View the register / Join the register / Renew registration
All Independent Qualified Persons are required to be registered with the Hamilton City Council on behalf of the Councils in the Waikato Building Consent Group and other councils within the Waikato and Bay of Plenty Regions. Visit the Hamilton City Council website to:
- View the registers
- Apply for registration
- Apply for renewal of registration
The IQP is responsible for carrying out the specified system procedures for
- Inspections and tests
- Preventative maintenance and repair work
- Reporting inspection, maintenance, and repair work were undertaken to ensure the systems remain in working order. This includes the date, and the work carried out, the names of the persons who did the work.
- Providing the owner with a completed Form 12A (before the BWOF due date) as evidence that the relevant requirements of the compliance schedule have been met.
For more information regarding builder and designer rights and obligations see the MBIE website.
- Commercial Buildings
- Specified Systems, Compliance Schedules, and BWOFs
- Compliance Schedule Handbook (Published on 14 February 2014)
- Compliance Schedule Details
- List of specified systems in Schedule 1 of the Specified Systems Building (Specified Systems, Change the Use, and Earthquake-prone Buildings) Regulations 2005.
Last updated 2017-11-02